Watch the PrivacyRules Annual Conference at our Japanese member Iwata Godo!
The main topic of discussion was “International data transfer compliance and data breach prevention for transnational businesses”
In Session 1 we debated with Akira Matsuda (our host from Japan), Yingyu Wang (Singapore), Jihong Chen (China), Agnieszka Wiercińska-Krużewska (Poland) and Kim Walker (UK) on:
- Establishing an effective compliance system for cross-border data transfers – what should businesses focus on?
- What is the difference between domestic data transfer compliance and international data transfer compliance?
- What is the best way to monitor the data flows?
- How do you comply when a business uses overseas processors?
In Session 2, Joe Dehner (PrivacyRules Chairman), Kohei Kurihara (Japan), Grace Shaw (Canada), Kevin Warburton (Hong Kong) and Ken Morris (USA) discussed about:
- Points to consider about data lifecycles: (i) collection and storage, (ii) processing, (iii) transfer (domestic or overseas, intra-group or to third parties), and (iv) deletion
- Points to learn from precedents: what is the main cause of data breaches based on your experience?
- How can you detect and recognize a (potential) data breach promptly?
- What should be considered in order to establish effective cybersecurity compliance?
Don’t miss the recording of the event, click the links below and watch them!
Session 1: International data transfer compliance
Session 2 + Q&A: Data breach prevention mechanism