The webinar will be moderated by our Australian expert Kelly Dickson from Macpherson Kelley together with two guest speakers, Susanne Lie, senior legal adviser at the Norwegian Datatilsynet, a representative of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (TBC) and three other PrivacyRules experts, Ruth Ng from Taylor Vinters Via LLC in Singapore, Haim Ravia from Pearl Cohen in Israel and Geert Somers from Timelex in Belgium.
- Comparison of how the COVID-19 tracing apps have been developed and operate in select different countries
- Key priorities and concerns for DPAs: what they have been (and are)
- The precarious balance between upholding the privacy of the individual vs the potential benefits to public health
- How the tracing apps have been perceived and accepted by data subjects in those jurisdictions
- Whether these tracing apps open the door for other forms of tracking and tracing into the future
- Programming and developing a tracing app: the tech industry perspective
Who should watch this webinar?